Follow Me on Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving Cocktail

Who cares about turkey - pass me the rum. Did I say that? I did…guilty. I have no intentions to cook Thanksgiving dinner this year. We are only three plus one (I guess we’re four) and I don’t want to slave over a meal that won’t really be appreciated. They are guys; they don’t care as long as they get food….. you know I’m right! I will make pie! I’m not taking orders for their favorite pie either….we will be having my favorite pie. It is a rich and thick chocolate pie; it will make any chocolate lovers toes curl. I said that too!

We won’t be going anywhere or watching football so I’m thinking we should get liquored up. Honestly I don’t drink…although I did recently. It didn’t turn out well for me, AT ALL. I paid for my sins, certain that I would die the next day. I have no problem with everyone else boozing it up - I’ll sit this one out. I’m a fast learner….and I learned I’m not twenty one anymore. I hope everyone has a safe and love filled Thanksgiving. Have fun shopping - don’t forget to check out your local bookstore for Black-Friday deals!

I’m sharing my favorite go-to Thanksgiving cocktail - Enjoy!




Gingersnap Heaven (and it is)
4 oz eggnog (you can use the light kind) super cold is best!
1/2 oz Ginger Brandy (chill it first)
1 oz Sailor Perry Spiced Rum (Captain Morgan will work too) CHILLED
Dash of nutmeg
1 gingersnap

Combine all but nutmeg & gingersnap in blender - pour into large wine goblet - sprinkle nutmeg & add gingersnap for dunking. I like to add Ice to the blender to chill it even more. Add more eggnog & brandy if needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment